"There are no airplanes, only computers that fly. There are no cars, only computers we sit in. There are no hearing aids, only computers we put in our ears."
- Cory Doctorow (quoted in Kids can’t use computers)
"The spread of computers and the Internet will put jobs in two categories. People who tell computers what to do, and people who are told by computers what to do."
- Marc Andreessen | How the internet is making us poor – Quartz
"1 in 4 teens are “cell-mostly” internet users, who say they mostly go online using their phone and not using some other device such as a desktop or laptop computer."
- (via Pew Internet: Teens and Technology 2013)
Windows 95 Launch day — Find > On the Internet…
"If you’re using anything more than binary code to interact with your pc, the computer as already met you more than halfway as far as the language barrier goes."
- From the comments | Computer Programming for All: A New Standard of Literacy
"If the Industrial Revolution was about extending the power of human muscle with inventions like the car, then the computer revolution is about extending the power of the human mind — and algorithms are the key to its success."
- Algorithms: The Ever-Growing, All-Knowing Way Of The Future | NPR